This is ONE time I hate being in sync with GG -
My friends godson who was 10 died today at 4:00 p.m. He had Downs Syndrome! It hits me sooo close to home, it knocked the wind right out of me.
A woman from our church who was 43 and had Downs Syndrome died a month ago. The odd part was, God felt a need to have me meet here. When Boo was in Hospice we had ordered pizza and it was delivered to Amy so I had the pleasure of meeting her. At first glance I felt the punch to my gut because I knew she was in Hospice and had Downs. My heart broke for her mom.
I feel HORRIBLE for the parents and GUILTY at the same time that my son is so healthy and well!
For the Mother F'ng LOVE!!
3 comments:
I don't know what to say MI. I continue to be bothered at how our lives hit similiar highs and lows.
It is always easier to keep our heads in the sand and keep plugging away but then sometimes reality comes and makes us stop and feel the real world again. Reality check for our guts? I don't know. But we are all very fragile. Life is fragile. And I know I need to remember that, cherish that.
It happens to everyone...don't feel guilty. Every time I hear of a child having cancer or a child dying in an accident, I feel a little guilty because I have a healthy son that is still alive. We all go through it. God gives us what we need and he takes away what we don't. You need your boys and he is not going to take them away from you anytime soon.
Thanks GG - that was my WORD all night long - REALITY and I wanted to label this blog Reality Bites!
And this morning I was thinking about how I just keep going through the motion until again something stops me dead in my tracks. I'm glad most times that our lives are parallel because you make me remember that what I'm going through others are as well and we seem to have this great nack of bouncing things off from each other.
JM - THANK YOU . . . That's great advice!
Post a Comment