In retrospect I've had a few days to think about it and yes Boo is still everywhere in this house. I see him in my son's eyes, I see it in their outburts/lashouts. However one thing is certain, all of the good parts of him are also here. His sense of humor, his ridiculous ways of being wild and crazy, his way of doing whatever he wanted no matter what people thought.
So yes, while he permeates every part of our home, it is a good thing for my boys and me, because the good memories are amazing and i will forever be remembering those with a smile on my face, each time the boys tell me stories about their dad and they share thier father's sense of humor.
Therefore, Boo, I'm glad you were here and your legacy lives on because without you there would be no them and my world would not be ANYTHING wihout them!
4 comments:
Now that's a great way to look at things. :-)
That is so true and such a wonderful sentiment to Boo.
It is amazing how bittersweet memories can be. And it is also amazing how true emotions can remain in houses. I usually go into houses and and don't feel anything but on occassion I will go into a house and be overwhelmed by happiness or saddness. In those houses I really take moments to wonder why. To think of the previous emotion caught in the walls.
Hell, I'm probably just crazy but I know what you are talking about. Exactly what you are talking about. And perhaps that is why Mickey and I moved so much over the last 4years. Maybe he too felt the misery and saddness in the houses, only he didn't realize it was coming from us? Hum....
Hold on to those good memories. HARD.
GG - Mickey being like Boo, liked to have new things, new opportunities in which to try to be better/different. Problem was he forgot to deal with the old baggage. While they were great and exciting while they are new, the newness eventually wears off.
Funny some of the reasons I want out are the EXACT reasons my boys want to stay. Guess as parents we did good in that aspect.
Post a Comment