Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm calling in today . . . so I don't break and will work on bending instead of snapping in half!

That's right, I called into work today and thank God I have an understanding boss where I can be honest. This is the FIRST day I've had off when I'm not feeling too ill to do anything for myself. Granted I am exhausted but am up for All about ME today.

I haven't had a ME day off in over a year and a half, where there were no puking or ill kids, no chemo, no sick husband, no dying husband, no tooo exhausted from the stress of all the above mentioned crap.

Don't get me wrong, I've had the annual holiday's off time but that was filled with pressures, kids, grieving and stress. So today I'm NOT cleaning a damn thing (okay I might throw in a load of laundry and go to the grocery store later today) but no phone calls will be made to take care of loose ends for Boo, no discussions with Social Security or banks or other processing of paperwork to close out things concerning Boo. Just me.

That being said, I called my sister and invited her to join me for lunch and a movie. May take a bath first, actually spend more than 10 minutes on my hair and enjoy the PEACE and QUIET. No cartoons.. . nothing but quiet. Oh better go, I have until 2:45 to relish in this day.

**Had a GREAT time  today, wonderful lunch, saw Up in the Air (not that great but okay) and laughed!


Not sure why the date is backwards - - That's all on my sister!

7 comments:

Finding Me said...

Please take a bath :-) Am looking forward to this afternoon. It's been awhile hangin out with you.

Mistaken Identity said...

ha ha you got jokes FM. Don't go there! ;-) BTW, I even shaved my legs! woot woot!

Anonymous said...

So..... this is why I got the call !

LMAO!

Mistaken Identity said...

Yes in deedy. Some people should have their phone taken away! ;-)

Finding Me said...

Why my camera took - or should I say posted a picture backwards... Who knows... I think my camera got drunk. And... After 3 (a piece mind you) lemon drop martini's. We got to laughing and called GG.. lol... Then we went to the movie and disturbed everyone there and we were making them laugh because we were cutting up and laughing. It was a total blow out - laugh your ass off afternoon. I loved it.

Mistaken Identity said...

Lemontini's with salted rims, not sugar . . . . . must have recipe! It was good times, we even talked to three much older women next to us - you could tell they were Glamour Girlfriends back in the day!

Mass Confusion said...

Good Times! :)