Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3 WEEKS OF PURE HELL . . .

I rode out one big ole' ass HUGE wave of different emotions from Boo's difficult surgery. They said he would go through all the classic stages . . . . mourning, anger, frustration and depression. Hell he drug me through every single one of those. He was so kind and compassionate and grateful when he first got home and then came the silent, who gives a F attitude and along with that came his "King of the Throne" attitude and I could feel the . . . "were are mere peasants in his presence" coming on and NIPPED that in the bud quickly.

While I am NOT in his shoes, I can tell you that men make damn sure we feel every bit of what they do and then some all the while assuming somehow we are not HUMAN and can take every last bit of SHIT they choose to dish out. Well sorry Boo, got news for you dear, I'm too damn old for that or else its that I've been through it all too well and have ZERO tolerance for it now.

As I was getting the boys around this morning, he made a smart assed remark and I turned on both heals and let him have it with everything I had. I gave him the "Wipe your nose and KNOCK it off lecture" and he agreed to every word I said. Don't get me wrong people, I'm not Queen Bitch or even Ms. Bad Ass, I had just HAD ENOUGH and he knew that.

It is officially over, this war that has been looming in our homestead and thank God the boys are unscathed. I so SO desperately need me time and he is trying to recover from the unexpected blow to the head I gave this morning. I'm telling you, don't push us to far men or you'll seriously regret it and you damn sure won't like it!

So March came in like a Freakin' LION and has GONE out like one too! I'm sooo looking forward to April!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I'm just thinking there is only so much pressure one person can handle. I mean, you are human and where is your break? I haven't heard word ofyou taking 10 minutes for yourself since I've met you? Perhaps you need to force some time for youself or when you blow - you'll BLOW.

Mistaken Identity said...

Oh, I suppose I came onto this Blog during my drop everything and care for Boo days. I did/do tons with my girlfriends and Boo and I have couple friends we hang out with as well. We always have a blast, as far as I can remember anyways! Boo and I also go out every Friday that was before surgery so I get my time but just haven't had any during the month of March. Thanks for the advice - you are truly right!

Mistaken Identity said...

Also, most of my friends, myself included kind of hibernate from January - March because we all HATE the cold!! But Spring has arrived, my daffodils are gorgeous and I'm not going to spend one more moment in the house if I don't have to until late October!!