Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MOMS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE . . .

I haven't posted in a while because I have had more than my share of the downside of life. I will have to share that with all of you soon because there is so much of the rest of the story but for now since I am EXHAUSTED, I will share with you the positive things, at least one.

My two teenage sons are AMAZING! They get me (Imagine that after only 15 years)! I have come home from the hospital for the past two days from Boo being at his surgery, only to find that my house has been pretty well clean! My WONDERFUL boys have vacuumed, cleaned up the kitchen (which is a must in my book), looked after Scout (our 2 1/2 year old) and took care of themselves.

I tell you this because after 17 years with Boo, he still hasn't gotten it. It's the little things you know! While I didn't have any input in Boo's upbringing and his mother spoiled him rotten by dottin on him hand and foot, my boys have learned to pick up the slack when needed and I am one truly proud PEACOCK for that. I know that all of my hard work and effort has instilled qualities and values in them that will make them truly awesome husbands and for that I am blessed! With Boo, unfortunately, its a work in progress still!

I finally was able to take a shower at 10:30 at night and my pillows aren't seated where I would like them to be on the couch but I have learned that this super woman who has been at the hospital 15 + HOURS a day has to hang up her cape for a while and not sweat the small stuff!

Soon enough I will be on top of things but for now and more importantly this post, I want to share with you women out there that WE REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE with our children! I can't stress that enough. Now I just have to make sure that they find truly deserving women who can appreciate all they do. That worry will have to be set on the back burning because I am SO basking in the fact that I brought up such wonderful young almost men who know how to step up to the plate without asking!

I am one HAPPY MOM! May God bless my sons for their kindhearted, selfless acts of motivation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you MI. You are an inspiration. You have so much on your plate and your days are soooo long, yet you notice and thank people for the little things. You are an amazing woman.