Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Change in the Wind . . . . How Long Does it Last

I was going to wait until tomorrow to write but needed to get this off from my chest.

Boo and I went out Friday night and got a hotel room because the older boys are at a Teen Church Conference for the weekend. We got a sitter for Scout. We had a GREAT time, closed the bar and unfortanetly only spent 8 hours at the hotel sleeping from exhaustion. On the ride to pick up scout we talked and then we went to eat and talked more. . wow the wind is still shifted and I LOVE IT!

We picked up the baby and played with him and went to the jewelry store to look at some jewelry because our 16 year anniversary is next week (Friday the 13th - Yeesh)! After we came home we all took a nap, inclulding Scout. When Scout woke up I asked Boo if he would wake up as well and help out (otherwise he would stay asleep and I still wanted to enjoy my weekend with no boys arguing over every little thing. It was wonderful having the peace and quiet. Boo went to the store and then picked up dinner, we watched a movie and then at 6:3O Boo said, let's get out of the house and go to the mall (are you KIDDING ME . . .he normally wants to just stay shut in because of the cold weather and I sit bored out of my mind or take care of things around the house - again shift in the wind and I'm loving it!), YEAH I say to the Mall and we go until it closes (life is good).

Well remember the plugged sink?? We didn't use it that much so I assumed it was fixed. WELL it was not, still plugged. Boo had bought some CLR and I told him it wouldn't work. So I had him buy some liquid Drano. Unfortunately it still didn't work.

We went to church this morning letting the stuff set so that it would hopefully clean out while we were gone. Lo and behold when I got home it was still plugged (I so did not want to tell him that the Drano - my idea - didn't work. I started to put a roast in the oven and got frustrated when I found that water was now on the floor in front of the sink (ARRGH). Boo said, don't worry honey after dinner I will take EVERYTHING apart and look at it. ARE YOU FREAKIN kidding me?? Why do men need so long to assess a situation and sit and ponder it (OR let it go) for so long???? I couldn't stand seeing it one more second.

I couldn't stand it anymore, I put in the roast and started bailing out the stagnate water that had sit overnight. It was clean because it smelled like Drano but I had to clean it out. I then got the trusty plunger out, plugged the other side of the sink and plunged it. BAM it WORKED, whoda thought?? I then cleaned out every item under the sink and wiped it all down and Lysoled everything! I sat here thinking, hmmm . . .that shift in the wind that brought me a better man has now let the dust settle and he's back (oh Lord). Even though I'm used to the old man, I just started liking the NEW ONE. How short lived I thought.

Boo let me handle all of this and when it was fixed said hmmm, guess the Drano worked. . . DUH! All it needed was some ambition and elbow work. We women still do what we do!

He just left to pick up the boys and before I know it, I thought to myself, life will be back to the way it was. Well I guess another breeze came along because on his way out he kissed me and said THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK you did on the sink - - WOW that sure caught me off guard. Guess the wind is still shifting and I'm still lovin' it even though it threw me off for a bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When your life turns into "Groundhog's Day" (that movie...) then a change in the routine it king isn't it!

Mistaken Identity said...

Damn Straight!