Friday, March 27, 2009

MY MIL . . . . . .

I gotta give her the Props she soooo deserves! She's in town and has already spoiled me and my boys! I LOVE HER TO PIECES! She is the one who taught me how to make biscuits and gravy and I must say, Paula Dean and Emeril have nothing on me NOW that I've been southernized or dipped in batter and smothered in gravy.

While I don't/can't indulge in that food often, I still can hang with the best of em.

I hate that lives so far away for the fact that she is so wonderful to my boys! But she still sends cards, money and praises whenever she gets the chance! I swear I married my husband just for her!! I think she loves me as much because I took her son off her hands and learned him a few things that were so desparately needed like how to match his clothes, manners, and various other things I've blogged about.

For now I'm going to RELISH in the fact that she's here til' Sunday. I am more happy for my sons to have her because they don't really have any other type of true "Grandmother" figure in their lives and as a mom It makes my heart happy having that for them.

p.s. She's making me her famous Easter Bunny cake that she made for me the first year Boo and I were married 16 years ago!! I can't wait, gosh almost feel like a kid but you know what, truth be told, we've been through so many cloudy ominious days lately that when the SUN finally shines, WE"RE going to be taking it ALL in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go MIL.... You deserve her! And you know she is happy for you!!!!!