As I sit here at my desk, exhausted from yesterday and carying a TON of things on my mind, I am constantly reminded about this one word that encompasses everything . . . . Women. GAWD, sometimes I would love to be a man for a day with no cares, no worries, no nagging thoughts in our minds and most important, no need for more than 10 minutes to get ready for the day!!
We women don't need/ask for much, just some words of encouragement, a shoulder to cry on, and more importantly appreciation and LOVE. When we have this we can do/conquer ANYTHING! Maya Angelou said, “love builds up the broken wall and straigtens the crooked path.love keeps the stars in the firmament and imposes rhythm on the ocean tides each of us is created of itand i suspecteach of us was created for it”
I hear a lot of my girlfriends cry out for help as they are somehow trapped in an unhappy relationship and it really is hard knowing that they are so miserable. I am there for them ALWAYS and hope that they realize how truly important they are and should be treasured and valued because they are such a unique gift from God.
Maya also said, “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.” I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. See, when we value ourselves, others will value us. I am not an advocate for divorce, nor separation of families, but I understand how much a man can rip our hearts to shreds. One thing he doesn't realize is that we women will completely shut down if he's done this for tooo long and it becomes too late for him to EVER get any type of feeling from us again! For those men who have completely turned around, KUDO's, but for those who waited until it was too late, too bad for you becuase we've already moved on to the road of happiness in our minds and our hearts will soon follow.
I think that men honestly know that we women can SURVIVE without them. Hell, my neighbor is forever talking about how awesome it would be to a commune of women. I mean think about it, we'd always have great clothes, wine, good conversation and they totally get us! No more hitting our heads with our palms saying, Are you Serious?! But for the fact that I love men (my husband of course), I would be considering this.
The thing is, we women have to be happy on our own, no one else can make us happy. The happier we are, nothing really bothers us, much less matters because we are happy. In reality, it doesn't take a whole lot to make us happy as I mentioned above. We women like to know that our family is safe, well fed, and content. I especially love it when the house is clean, the kids are playing, I'm baking something for them, and most of all at the end of the day, there are clean sheets on my bed. Those things really give me joy! We are really not that complicated to understand, nor do we want unrealistic things! So never ever doubt yourself and most of all, listen to your heart, it will never lead you astray!
I don't mean to stand on a soap box, talking to you, I just wanted to share these thoughts because I know that somebody knows someone out there who is in a relationship dilemma. I hope that all of you KNOW that we WOMEN can take a tornado and organize it, we can take a dreary day and make sunshine, we can go from bitch to kind in 0 - 60 seconds and vice versa, therefore, there is no limit to what we can do and what we have to do! Every now and then we just need to remind ourselves that we are important, kind, gentle, hardworking human beings who are not complex and deserve to be just as happy as the next person.
One last quote:
“love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it”.
2 comments:
You have just made my day and summed up everything I've tried to say for FOUR years....in one post! Cudos... Seriously.
I'm glad. I knew we had a LOT in common! I hope that this blog will reach all of those who are suffering. I was almost afraid it came across too strong or surreal, so thanks for the atagirl!
Post a Comment