Jon & Kate plus Eight has been a great show to watch, yes it too resides on TLC and yes I even watch bringing home baby, even though my last son is 3, I still watch when I'm home from work with ill children, it makes me smile. I even watched it way before we knew we were having our three year old.
Okay back to Jon & Kate. I'm torn because of all the hoopla about Kate stating that statistics show that most all parents of multiples get divorced. For those of you who KNOW me, know that I am all too familiar with the "two sides to every story" scenario and for those of you who don't, trust me I am.
While their bump in marriage caught everyone's eye, I couldn't help but feel bad for those 8 adorable children. My heart goes out to them, especially when their live's were placed on tv for all the nation to view, just as fish in a gigantic fishbowl. I realize that people can stray from each other but Kate kept stating how hard it is to raise 8 children, by golly Kate it sure in the hell is.
I come from a family of 11 siblings and my mom having been single ever since I was 5, raised 6 children all by herself. Okay so that's a whole nother Dr. Phil show, but here's why I'm torn. I kept hearing her talk about how hard it has been and kept thinking again about the children and how many times they are left with nannies, assistants, etc. while she is out doing t.v. promos or meet and greets, etc. and Jon what he wants to do. It seems that neither one of them were with the children and yes I believe that they did get caught up in the fame and fortune and now that they have all these other outlets, money, fame, newly opened doors, hell why should they go back to their old life once they've stepped out into hollywood.
I also wanted to say to them, what about all the other people who have a lot of children, who have not been so fortunate as to have a television studio pick them up and pay for everything while given them a house, car, washer, dryer, vacations, etc., etc.?? What about all the strife and struggling they've had to endure all by themselves without any handouts or offers to watch their children at all??? What about the ones who have made their children their lives no matter how many they have had?
I'm torn, therefore would love anyone to share their take on this. . .
4 comments:
I have never seen the show outside of a few blasts of scenes. I watch The Soup on Friday nights (E) and see other clips. It seems all she does is pull his balls off and complain. AGAIN - I understand that feeling. Sure as hell I do...... but what about counceling? Where is the therapy in this. Just giving up? that's it???? Really?
You should read People.com, I am just amazed that they chose to do fertility KNOWING they may have a lot of kids and then BAM it's all about her, she's like the female version of Mickey and Boo. Guess there's one in every 10 or so relationships huh?!
I have a hard time feeling any pity for either of them.
EXACTLY, my point exactly. It should be all about the Kids!
Post a Comment