Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Even Little People Can Truly Open Your Eyes . . . .

Last night I was watching TLC and not even because "What Not To Wear" was on, but because I became entranced by the Little People.

As I'm watching this show about a married couple who happen to be height impaired, my mouth is hanging open in awe, in awe of all the obstacles they have overcome in life but more so about their marriage.

Of course they are normal human beings, I would say that are over achievers with highly stressful jobs as she's a Neonatologist who works mostly in NICU and he's a business man. While I cannot imagine all the hurdles they've had to jump over to prove themselves worthy to everyone they meet, again their marriage is what really truly got to me.

Even though they have high functioning careers, they still care a great deal for each other, respect each other. Although they share all the ups and downs a marriage can entail, again just watching the love they had for one another, the mutual helpfulness, respect and friendship made me pretty much wish I was them. It also made me wonder . . .

Why can't some people who have never had to endure such hardships in life, I mean I'm sure they've had setbacks but I'm talking about all out hardships, why can't they be great friends, children, partners, spouses?? What the hell is wrong with these selfish, arrogant, self-centered egotistical people who think that others should be grateful just to be in their presence????? Why do they get the great spouse, the false adoration of others and almost always come out smelling like roses?????

Seriously . . . . how do the NICE, hard working, not hard on the eyes, considerate people get entangled in their snare. . . HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN and moreover if it does, how do they get out, bounce back and try to begin a life, albeit a normal but heavily scarred life??

No comments: