I, deciding to forego paybacks for Mother's Day (or lack of) even though the scar still lingers, remember that I am better than that!
So here is Boo's father's day. . .
1 1/2 hour nap in favorite chair. Wake up to start the grill while wife sends son to bring me a nice cold adult beverage. Then wife hands me a beautiful 2 inch marinated porterhouse steak. Wife makes side dishes. I come in the house, eat melt in your mouth steak as well as son's leftover pieces of steak and remain in favorite chair while wife refills adult beverage. After wife cleans up kitchen she takes the boys (all three) to DQ to buy me a double hot fudge sundae. Wife brings it to me in my favorite chair and then son takes care of remains of sundae while I remain in favorite chair.
Son puts in movie that has been rated R only for fighting and violence (oh what a man movie), I remain in chair and watch movie while wife bathes 3 year old, puts him in pajamas and gets him ready for bed.
Good friend comes by, go out on the deck where wife continues to bring refills of adult beverage and share 1 1/2 hours worth of fishing stories. Friend leaves and I return to favorite chair and since 3 year old is being fussy I decide to lay on the floor with him til we both pass out.
**Now here I say is a perfect example of doing unto others as you would have done to you ;-) **
I can dream right??!
1 comment:
You are WAY nicer than I am. That's all I can say. Mickey is lucky he got anything for father's day. But you are right with your own karma!
Post a Comment