Monday, June 29, 2009

I got a hit of oxygen this weekend . . . .

a desparately needed one!

Friday night I came home from a long full week of stress, worry and anxiety as Boo has been out of work for 6 months, he has over $4,000 owed to him for a job he did but they haven't gotten around to paying him yet, which could help us right now between the costs of kids, prescriptions, gas, etc. Okay so I come home, Boo is making dinner and of course we have another boy staying at our house (yes, I have the Kool-Aid house every child comes to and every parent encourages their child to come to). Okay so he cooks for all 4 boys and I was told to stop by the store and buy some wine (okay you don't have to tell me twice ;-). Stress level already lowering by this time, share some laugh with the boys, down time and overall.

Saturday Boo surprised me and took me to the corner store where they sold flowers because he knew the new owner and not only did he introduce me, he got me flowers at a HUGE discount. I was tickled with joy, my oxygen level was rising. On the way home, we stopped at the store for some chicken to grill. Boo made the most amazing barbecue chicken, we ate, I got to plant my long awaited flowers that brightened up my previous oh so dreary days and called it a night.

Yesterday I got up, made the boys pancakes, picked up the house and when Boo got home he took care of Scout the rest of the night allowing me to paint not only my toe nails but my fingernails as well. I must say, I did a great French Tip manicure all by myself, so what if it was 9:00 p.m. and the lighting was dim, I still did one hell of a job, not to mention saving myself $40.00.

THEN this morning came and even though the boys had gotten something on my light colored slacks I needed for work and the fact that my curling iron refused to work, I could breath, truly inhale and because of that I ended up wearing my hair up and was able to remove the stain on my pants and no one knows any different.

Thank you GOD for reviving me!

Oh and I got a text yesterday morning from Boo telling me how much he loves me and then on my way to work this morning telling me I'm beautiful, another hit of 02, not only am I'm inhaling but for the first time in months this morning on the way to work I actually exhaled - - GOD I SO NEEDED THAT!!

3 comments:

Miss Know It All said...

Isn't it just amazing how the simple things really do allow you to breate?

Mistaken Identity said...

Yes it is . . truly simple, not rocket science!

Laura said...

The little things add up. Don't they? So nice to sit back and breathe.