Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It ALL STARTS HERE . . .

Begin by changing you. Let's not even think about our kids or our spouse right now. Because the most powerful person in the world is you. You can either be worn down and shaped by others, by society, by the school system-or you can choose today to begin shaping everyone else NOT by controlling people or circumstances, but by controlling yourself (your anxiety, your emotions, your moods, your choices). No matter what anyone does to me, I can still choose to bless them. No matter what my son says or does, I still have the power to decide how I am going to respond (or not respond). No matter what society says, no matter what the evening news says, I have a choice. I don't give my power to a child, a politician, a driver, the economy or anything else. Do you know how to control your own anxiety and calm yourself?I want to challenge you to be different, to live differently. I am naturally oppositional so when I hear the economy is bad, we determine as a family to give more than we ever have before. Instead of giving in to fear, we are taking back control. Instead of waiting for everyone else around me to change, I am going to be a better person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right!