Boo had chemo this past Tuesday and unfortunately he has been suffering from extremely horrible joint/bone pain during these sessions. I felt awful for that night because he was in such pain. I ended up calling a doctor on-call and getting him some pain meds to give him some relief. By the time this all took place it was going on 1:00 a.m., after I administered his meds, I applied some joint/muscle cream and watched him fall asleep. I went to bed shortly thereafter only to be awaken by Scout at 3:00 a.m. (oh for the love) and since he was soaked I had to get up, change him and clean him off before I was able to go back to bed.
When I woke up, I felt as if I had drunk a gallon of alcohol, guess it was a tired hangover. I drug my tired butt to work only to have people come out of the woodwork with huge demands and between that and having to deal with amazingly difficult people on the phone I wondered why at on earth people at work are just as pressing as children when you are either tired or don't feel well!
Okay so short story long (as always), I was telling Boo about my day and he told me told me he was sorry he had kept me up so late and then we hung up. I went on to trudge through the world of difficult people having little to no tolerance for their crap but smiling nonetheless. The out of the corner of my eye I see an arm in the doorway with a dozen beautiful roses - I jumped up and saw Boo and thanked him and he said, this was to try to brighten up my crappy day. Awwh how thoughtful.
Here's the thing folks. Boo has bought me tons of roses over the past 17 years and almost all of them have been the 60.00 - 70.00 ones that were mostly expected or because he felt he HAD to or because of something he did/didn't do and therefore, most of them went a lot less appreciated, true they were all nice, but not nearly as appreciated because of the circumstances behind them. HOWEVER, these were from a local grocery store and more importantly truly from the HEART.
That's why it is the little things that mean so much . . .
4 comments:
I agree. The ones that are spontaneous and 'just to make you feel better' and not because they screwed up are the best. Not that I would know from experience or anything.
Baby steps...baby steps. And the little things are what keep women a float!
KIA - I you just made me spit my coffee on your last sentence - cute!
You and GG are exactly right. These cheap flowers have more meaning than any over priced ones he's bout because he was being an outright @##. What was even more amazing was that he actually honed into my crappy day and not only listened but did something to console me.
Oh GG - Sometimes I feel as if I need a whole freaken RAFT as of late! ;0
Post a Comment