Tuesday, August 11, 2009

He TRULY is Good!!!

I could sit here and think of all that is wrong with my life but I shall instead concentrate on all that is right!

We are blessed in that our 3 year old Scout who was diagnosed with Trisomy 21 at birth and we were told not to expect ANYTHING from him and warned that he may have some serious health defects, one being that his heart could be separated into literally two pieces, etc., etc. Well he's a healthy BRILLIANT boy, while he is ALL boy, he is an extremely high functioning boy. He has a vocabulary of over 300 words and he is HEALTHY, thanks be to GOD he has no tell tale signs of this syndrome except for his eyes. We were told he may never walk or talk and yet he runs and talks and yes even yells! FOR THIS I AM THANKFUL!

We are blessed in that we have food, our utilities have been paid for the month, we have our house and because of God I was able to get away for the weekend, have something to look forward to. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

We are blessed in that our other two sons are have been gifted with INTELLIGENCE, learning comes easy to them, they are healthy, albeit mouthy, they are HEALTHY nonetheless. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

We are blessed in that Boo has gained over 60 lbs since he's come home at the onset of his illness and has no more tumors in his colon and the ones in his liver have shrunk. He is trying so hard to move forward, fill his life with good and overcome the demons and to show us he is there for us. Each day we are applying mortar to the foundation of a building that was once on the verge of collapsing. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

We are blessed in that I have AMAZING friends, one of which has recently applied a tourniquet while I was bleeding profusely (metaphorically speaking), she came in without even asking and gave us financial life support. I have another friend that did the same and was in tune with God so much as to give Boo and I a certificate to a restaurant that we happen to be going to for my High School Reunion this Saturday and she gave this certificate months ago when we both had no idea we would be going to this particular place, she also filled our cupboards in our time of need. Yet another one who surprised Boo and I last week with things that I wasn't able to provide for my boys at this time. And I have a sister whom I consider a friend who has helped my whole family in their times of need. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

We are blessed in that a total stranger repaired our camper performing over $1,500 worth of repairs so that we could take our boys camping and did this all per gratis with no questions asked. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

We are blessed in that I have met WONDERFUL people out here in the Internet world who have so graciously let me into their lives, have made me laugh, have taken my mind off from my own life, have given me something to look forward to and given me people who have accepted me for who I am, made me feel welcome and given me a sense of belonging. FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL!

GOD IS GOOD HE TRULY IS SO VERY GOOD!

I PRAY THAT HE BLESSES ALL OF THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE MENTIONED HERE, ALL OF MY FAMILY AND ALL OF THOSE IN THEIR TIMES OF DESPERATION, SORROW AND NEED! AMEN AND AMEN

5 comments:

Miss Know It All said...

I've learned that no matter how crappy things seem...there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Anonymous said...

I am choking back tears with your positivity. I wish I (and everyone I know)could be so positive, loving and grateful as you are. AMAZING..... I love you girl!

Finding Me said...

That was definitely inspirational and something that I need to find in my life - the things that I am grateful for. Thanks for putting this out here.

Anonymous said...

That is truly inspiring! It is so easy for us to focus on the negative things in life. If everyone just stopped and took a count of all the positive things and all the blessings in their life, this world would be a much better place.

Mistaken Identity said...

I am GRATEFUL to have all of you girls in my life, I truly am!

GG - I love you too Girl!