Herein you'll find a Mom in who once was a woman and yet, somehow before she knew it, morphed into a wife and a mother. I know that there are many others out there who have had this same out of body experience. I invite you to share your stories, laughs, cries, triumphs and defeats with me!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Would you let someone very close to you read your blog????
I'm wondering because I feel as if my blog is my diary and I've let close friends in but would you let your parents, significant others,children in??
Only one person that knows me personally knows about the Decade-Do-Over. I like it that way. I can be honest and reveal things I can't say out loud in my 'real life'. (i.e., I can't / don't tell anyone about the counselor / priest, people do not understand.) But OMG!!! It has been amazing to be able to "talk about him" "and the situation" - "My deep Secret!" And the best part is - I am finding the more I write about him ~ the less I have to say about him. I know he is being purged from me and very, very soon he will be 'gone'.
I say, "No." ~ But you ulitmately have to make the decision. Sometimes our family judges us more harshly than strangers ~ When I had a different blog, one everyone knew about, I was always weighing my words very carefully. Would this offend her, or would he know that was about him? Wasn't worth it. So I started a new blog and took ONE person with me. All the other 'followers' think I stop blogging! - Little do they know, I just got started! (WINK!!) That is my 2 cents worth! ~ (SMILE) And that is about it is worth too! (WINK!)I guess what I am saying is ~ you can be more real.
I don't think I'd let children. Are you trying to let them get closer to you and knowing you in that way? I just don't think they have the mind capacity to understand. Now my son (who is 36) he would get a chuckle now and then. And he would probably understand why some of the topics were wrote. But I don't need him to know me that way. I'm his Mom. There is respect and trust issues that he looks up to me.
Parents - uummm. My mom, probably. Never thought of letting her read the blogs. But my mom is different. She will invite the whole world to read and I don't know if I would like her friends reading about me. But her alone, maybe.
Husband? Well, that's all in how comfortable they are with each other. If I were still married. NO!! My ex DOES NOT understand and would use these as arguements against me. Nah... Skip the hubby to me.
You will figure out who can handle your blogs and how much you want a person to know you that well.
Nope. Not me. I rant and rave too much about my parents to let them read my blog. They are not very computer savvy anyway, though. And since Jay can't read yet, I am safe there. My cousin reads it and my ex-husband reads it, but that's fine with me.
I agree with all of you, just putting it out there because I for one feel as if it's my safe place to vent and if I added alot of others, I wouldn't be able to rant about them and it truly is my place to be ALL me.
5 comments:
Nope.
Only one person that knows me personally knows about the Decade-Do-Over. I like it that way. I can be honest and reveal things I can't say out loud in my 'real life'. (i.e., I can't / don't tell anyone about the counselor / priest, people do not understand.) But OMG!!! It has been amazing to be able to "talk about him" "and the situation" - "My deep Secret!" And the best part is - I am finding the more I write about him ~ the less I have to say about him. I know he is being purged from me and very, very soon he will be 'gone'.
I say, "No." ~ But you ulitmately have to make the decision. Sometimes our family judges us more harshly than strangers ~ When I had a different blog, one everyone knew about, I was always weighing my words very carefully. Would this offend her, or would he know that was about him? Wasn't worth it. So I started a new blog and took ONE person with me. All the other 'followers' think I stop blogging! - Little do they know, I just got started! (WINK!!) That is my 2 cents worth! ~ (SMILE) And that is about it is worth too! (WINK!)I guess what I am saying is ~ you can be more real.
I don't think I'd let children. Are you trying to let them get closer to you and knowing you in that way? I just don't think they have the mind capacity to understand. Now my son (who is 36) he would get a chuckle now and then. And he would probably understand why some of the topics were wrote. But I don't need him to know me that way. I'm his Mom. There is respect and trust issues that he looks up to me.
Parents - uummm. My mom, probably. Never thought of letting her read the blogs. But my mom is different. She will invite the whole world to read and I don't know if I would like her friends reading about me. But her alone, maybe.
Husband? Well, that's all in how comfortable they are with each other. If I were still married. NO!! My ex DOES NOT understand and would use these as arguements against me. Nah... Skip the hubby to me.
You will figure out who can handle your blogs and how much you want a person to know you that well.
Nope. Not me. I rant and rave too much about my parents to let them read my blog. They are not very computer savvy anyway, though. And since Jay can't read yet, I am safe there. My cousin reads it and my ex-husband reads it, but that's fine with me.
I agree with all of you, just putting it out there because I for one feel as if it's my safe place to vent and if I added alot of others, I wouldn't be able to rant about them and it truly is my place to be ALL me.
I only let people "in" who I would say it to their faces if that makes sense. So that is my test....
Post a Comment