Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My sweet best friend. ..

lost her boss of 20 + years on Sunday, today was his visitation and tomorrow is his funeral.  He died at 58 and was a GREAT man and great boss.

She's left feeling as if she lost a sibling and MY heart goes out to HER and his family.  He worked til the end having way more billable hours his last month of life than any new coming employee!  What a man, what a mighty good man.

The world  truly lost a GREAT man.  Here's to you sweetheart, may peace truly be with you!  LOVE you girl!

2 comments:

A. Paige Turner said...

About 4 years ago the same thing happened to me. I LOVED my boss. He reminded me SO much of Bill Cosby ~ in both personality and looks! He taught me so much, in such a short amount of time. I began working with him after returning from living out of state. A year and a half after I started working with him my EXACT job I had before leaving the state came open. I took it ~ but could not get a peace. At the last VERY LAST minute I told my boss I didn't want to leave ~ and that I wanted to stay and work with him. That was the only time in my working history I did anything like that. Within 2 months, of staying, my boss becan terminally ill. I watched him deteriate in front of my eyes. ((I am crying even as I type this.)) I think my co-workers were surprised by how hard I took his death ~ I was surprised how lightly they took it. I think we are touched as deeply as we allow ourselves too be. He touched me deeply, in action and word.

I will always remember our very last conversation. He called in at work and said with fake sterness, "You still praying for me?" and I said, "Always. How are you?" and he said, "Maggie, I am in the hands of God now." and I said, "I can think of no better place to be." and he whispered, "Amen, sweet Maggie, amen." He died two days later.

But I know without a doubt, 4 years later, he is STILL literally in God's hand.

I will pray God's comfort and healing peace on your friend. I remember how it hurt, oh, I remember. I am sorry. ~ Peace. Maggie

(PS) ~ I'm praying for you also, as you minister to your friend, even as you are feeling your own grief that is still so new. ~ Peace

Mistaken Identity said...

Oh Maggie . . . she lost her brother and now feels as if she's lost another one. He was a GREAT man and I hate thinking that there are so many others in this world that should go before him. THANK you for understanding how much she felt! Thank you!