Herein you'll find a Mom in who once was a woman and yet, somehow before she knew it, morphed into a wife and a mother. I know that there are many others out there who have had this same out of body experience. I invite you to share your stories, laughs, cries, triumphs and defeats with me!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Shake, Shake, Shake Shake a Shake it . . . .
Last week I stumbled on (God's help) the fact that Metro Station was coming here for a private concert and that the tickets could only be won on the radio. My 15 year old LOVES this band. I thought about the times to call and then realized there was NO way I could possibly win them. Well with God's help, I took my break one day and called the radio station numerous times and lo and behold was the FIRST caller and won tickets for us to take my two boys to see this concert on Mother's Day. Yes, Mother's Day and when the DJ questioned why I would want to do this for my boys on Mother's Day, I told him that as a mom, I am happy when my kid are happy and that they've been through so very much lately they deserved this and it truly makes my heart happy for them. The DJ said it brought a tear to his eye. It's the TRUTH and there isn't a mom out there that wouldn't agree with me. So this Mother's Day I'm going to be "Shake Shake, Shake Shake a Shakin it with my boys because this mom still ROCKS! My boys are SO excited because this is such a private concert they will be able to meet the band and get autographs, am I way cool or what?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That brought a tear to my eye too....
Post a Comment