For some reason or another I keep running into women who seem to have this same scenario . . .
They tell me that they really and truly want to find a great relationship, and I really and truly want that for them as well because they deserve nothing but the best.
HOWEVER . . . . they dip their feet in the water and then pull it back quickly and I can appreciate they are scared, its not a pretty place out there and I KNOW its more of a challenge to find a great person in the midst of all the not so great people. So I get that. What I don't get is this . . .
What if they don't like me, what if I'm not good enough, what if I don't hear from them?? Are you serious. These people are intelligent, beautiful people both on the inside and out and here they are questioning every part of their being based on what ONE person thinks. C'mon people, they are only ONE person, made of flesh and blood and bones, how in the world do they have the POWER and ability to make you doubt your entire existence based on what they say or don't say or do or don't do! The answer is, they DO NOT HAVE THAT ABILITY, you give them that power. If you didn't give a rats A## about what they thought because you KNOW you are better than that, then they would remain powerless over you.
Instead you should be saying to yourself, "Whew I just dodged a bullet with that one" or Thank God that person is not in my life or better yet, instead of wondering what's wrong with YOU, wonder what is wrong with THEM in that they don't get how truly wonderful and magnificent you are and therefore it is THEIR loss, not yours!
Get the picture . . . . good. Enough said!
5 comments:
I hear you Loud and Clear.
HOLY SHIT. Again we are on the same page. Look at my latest post! We really should coordinate but it is so much more fun for us always to be on the same page without knowing it.
And how true your post really is!
GG - What'd I tell girl, we are twins separated at birth.
Love you my Sister from another Mister!
FM - I just wish we could reach so many of them out there!
Thanks, MI. I keep reminding myself of the same thing. You know my situation and now I am trying to bounce back and I don't know if I want to quit dating altogether for a while or jump back in the water right away. I just know I am not going to let that one person be a setback in my life. He is definitely NOT worth it!
WAY TO GO JM, WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment