Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner "The Age Ole' Question

It's coming up on the end of the day and this is the time that my oldest son calls to tell me he's home from school (yeah) and then asks . . . Mom, what's for dinner? Then my middle son calls to say he's home (again yeah) and then asks . . .. Mom, what are we having tonight. THEN the hubby will call in about an hour and say, "What do you want to have for dinner?". Good Lord I sit and wonder what would happen if I just didn't freakin answer the phone, what would they do then, starve?????

I like my baby's approach (he's 2 1/2) As soon as he is brought into the house, he will look up to the empty stove and say "Eat" and if you ignore him he just says it louder. Hell atleast he knows where it comes from and doesn't ask what it will be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often pondered what would happen if the 'milk truck' hit me and I was no longer in the picture. I really feel the world would collapse around Mickey. My Coco is almost 2 and has learned the word 'cook'. So not only does she tell me she wants to eat she yells for me to 'cook' ....quiet at first, louder...and louder. Thus my earplugs come in handy!

Mistaken Identity said...

Hmmm . . . earplugs never thought of that. I usually grab some type of meat out of the fridge and throw the baby some fruit or crackers and juice to keep him occupied and then grab a glass of wine to keep me occupied and then listen to the chaos in the living room from the rucus of all of the boys while I'm cooking. I just hang in there becuase I know that life will be good by the time the glass is empty because a dinner will be cooked, they'll be eating and I'll be working my way towards another glass.

Miss Know It All said...

We have the 'what's for dinner' discussion EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Hello, you are a "stay @ home dad" (my nice way of saying 'unemployed'). Figure it the hell out!!!